Monday, May 14, 2012

The City Wall & the Two Xi'an Towers

I had a fun time riding a rented bike along the top of the south stretch of the city wall. (You can go do a complete circuit around the wall, but I opted not to.)
My photos of the city gate suck on account of the screwy camera settings I mentioned before, but they still give you an idea of what it looked like.

Back side of the south entrance.


 From a map displaying the sights-to-see around the wall.

A merged photo of a tower on the wall.

  The south stretch.


You can see the Bell Tower from the wall's south entrance:


The two towers aren't staggering architecture by any means, but they are kind of cool looking and make for some nice photos. I was certainly more impressed by them than the pagodas...

 The Bell Tower. It's now on a traffic island in the center of a roundabout.

The Drum Tower in the evening.

No comments: