Wednesday, February 23, 2011

OMG I KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO DIE

It will be in a car accident in China.

It's not because they're psychotic drivers. (I now know where the stereotype comes from, but trust me: no sober person in the US---Asian, me, or otherwise---could ever be as TERRIBLE, CRAZY a driver as Chinese taxi drivers are. Who are only marginally worse than normal Chinese drivers.)

It's not because they don't wear seatbelts. Peer pressure doesn't stop me from buckling up. To the point that I will potentially sacrifice your life by taking the only seatbelt available if need be. I'm not proud of it, it's just the way it is. I'll take a bullet for you, or give you the last seat on a lifeboat and get eaten by Jaws while struggling to stay afloat for you, but don't mess with me and my seatbelt.

It's because I don't have access to the seatbelts. In the backseat, a person can never get to the buckle!!! I have dug around between the seat-back and the seat-cushion for minutes, trying to find the damn thing, and have come up empty. The tab part, that goes over your chest is there, but not the buckle part. And in the front seat? [When I'm forced to ride in the front seat because I'm the only occupant.] The f-ing belt doesn't even work---it's never been used!!! I know, I know: "Of course it works! You make it work!" But seriously, if you've never tried to un-stick an under-used seatbelt, then you do not get to comment. It's a bitch to manage!! By the time I would have forced it into being serviceable, we would have reached my destination.



Also, "seat belt" is not one word. That's stupid.

No comments: