Sunday, February 20, 2011

24 Hours in Shanghai

I went with Tiffany, Meirong [/may-rong/], and Meirong's friend Live [as in, "to live"] to Shanghai for an overnight trip.

It is a four-hour bus ride from Yancheng to Shanghai. The pair of seats in front of Tiffany and I were empty, so I moved up so our bags could have seats, too. But then I noticed the grandparents across from me were accommodating their wiggly granddaughter on their laps, I couldn't not offer up the extra seat.


A Chinese Redneck truck!!! There was even a giant Chinese flag on the back window.

The subway entrance near our hostel was under a really neat building!

Tiffany, Live, and Meirong in the French Concession.

The area of the French Concession we visited (Taikang Road / Jianguo Road) is the COOLEST maze of old buildings turned into shops and restaurants.

A museum in the French Concession.

Meirong and Tiffany modeling a hand-holding-mitten.

Oh god. Only in a non-English-speaking country could this garbage sell.

Pandering. Gross.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I NEED the Obama (Mao) poster.

Chelsea said...

It's a shirt, and ew Dad!