Thursday, March 24, 2011

All Glory to the Internets: Cracked Roundup, China Edition

Here are some of Cracked's best China-related articles:

5 Examples of Americans Thinking Foreign People Are Magic
[I LOVE this one! It's largely about Chinese culture, although other non-white cultures are noted.]

The 6 Worst Parts of Being Chinese (Not in the Stereotypes)
[The author is, in fact, Chinese.]

7 Things from America that Are Insanely Popular Overseas, #7 & #2
[I can't confirm #7, but I have definnitely run into #2. My theory is that the Garfield movies are so popular because they're not funny, therefore you don't have to deal with the whole humor-doesn't-translate issue.]

5 Reasons Parenting Is One Place We Shouldn't Imitate China
[I do not have any commentary for this one.]

Surfing the Internet in China after the Google Conflict (results of a fill-in-the-blank comic contest)
[#2 is animated, so make sure you see both "views."]

5 Government Programs that Backfired Horrifically, #1
[a brief overview of The Great Famine]
The 5 Most Shockingly Insane Modern Dictators, #1
[an equally-brief summation of Mao's follow-up performance, the Cultural Revolution]

Unrelated Chinese child who would not stop following me one day, and would not stop talking to me in Chinese.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The "6 worst things about..." is hilarious!!!