Thursday, March 17, 2011

Adventures in Chinglish

There's a chain clothing/accessories store near the grocery store that has a ton of Chinglish stuff. About two weeks ago these plastic banks were put on the shelves and they're already all sold. They weren't super Chinglish-y, but they were kind of ridiculous.

So far, so good.

Huh. Okay, you went from cities to nations, and from the cute "I ♥ You" to the less cute "I ♥ Beer," but I guess there's technically no real problem.

 Fair enough.

Wait, we're back to cities again? And what does Rome have to do with the love of money? Is it a mafia reference perhaps?

Okay, now you've lost me. First of all, "bus" is not a zero article noun--it requires an "a" or a "the." And second of all, Britain uses the Pound, not the Euro. What ridiculousness :) !

2 comments:

Mom said...

Did you buy one?

Chelsea said...

No, no I did not...